Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lazy Day!

Yes, Maddie's clothes are on backwards. Katie is already a computer junkie!



Today was one of those lazy days. We could not get ourselves moving. The weather has turned cold again and I am tired of taking the girls in and out of the car. Hearing about the seatbelts, the movie, what has fallen on the floor and whatever else takes place in a ten minute ride. I need a nanny just for travels. If anyone has a mother's helper please share her with me. I am really thinking about finding a young girl to hang out with us for the summer so I won't be the slave anymore. I have chart for so many things I can't keep it straight. So today I decided we are only going to focus on our listening skills and learing our ABC/phonic skills. Maddie will have a potty chart of sorts. She goes only when she feels like it. Somedays she can be dry for the whole day and ask to go. What do I do? Go with the flow.
Finally, we did get out and went to a playgroup. The girls made Valentine's and had a lot of fun. We went to the library and got some books and then to the dance studio to drop off flyers.


On Tuesday the girls and I went to Chuck E. Cheese and we were the only people there. It was kind of odd. There was a pair of shoes and socks in the shoe bin and some coats hanging on the coat rack but there was no one else in the building. After about ten minutes a boy and his gram came out of nowhere. So then the five of us had the place to ourselves until 11:25. It was nice. We left shortly after that.

I started a new book "The World Without Us." I will have to tell you how it turns out. It is kind of a bazaar book. I borrowed it from the library, I have to read fast. There will be many sleepless nights.
Anyway, I have to go "Lost" is on.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Okay, I can see that the Noggin Logo is on your TV but, oh my, whatever that show is looks SCARY! Look at that guy's face! lol

It's funny that you think going to a playgroup, the library and the dance studio is a "lazy day". That would be a really exciting day for me.

I am all about the mother's helper! Maybe we can share...

Unknown said...

The show is Lazytown!